Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A new leaf

Sometimes, foodies move. Just when they hit their stride in one city, life's vicissitudes intervene and shove them into another.

Now, granted, I didn't come to Charlotte unwillingly. I left the Triangle for a better job and a better quality of life.

But I left behind Elmo's, Poole's, Big Ed's, and all other manner of locally owned, fresh'n'delicious restaurant fare. Leaving behind the pastiche of down-home diner and eclectic fusion/American/Continental cuisine was perhaps the saddest part of the relocation experience.

Four months in, I'm finding that Charlotte can hold its own, foodwise. Little that I say here is probably unknown by the locals -- though I will do my best to entertain and inform.

Join me on my journey through the Queen City, one restaurant at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment